Let’s just say this is one of my best recipes yet. Period. I was scrolling through all of my blog posts trying to think of a new idea for a recipe, and I realized I don’t have a recipe for DONUTS a.k.a. one of the best treats EVER! I can’t think of the last time I had a donut (being gluten- and dairy-free) let alone a donut that didn’t leave my blood sugar spiked and feeling low energy, so I decided to create these Double Chocolate Donuts and oh my goodness … these donuts are heavenly!
They are made with super simple ingredients, and I use coconut flour for this recipe to keep it nut-free for my followers with nut allergies. Don’t get me wrong, I love love love my almond flour, but I love challenging myself to make recipes that will fit with everyone’s dietary needs!
The chocolate glaze on top makes these donuts seriously taste like such a treat. I used Loving Earth dark chocolate, but feel free to use your preferred chocolate. I also love this brand and this brand. But let’s be real, can you really go wrong with chocolate? The answer in my books is NO!
I am so excited for all of you to see how tasty these donuts are and share your thoughts (and photos!) when you make them!
[makes 6 standard sized donuts]
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tb flax meal
- 2 ounces paleo/vegan chocolate
- 1 tb coconut oil
- Preheat over to 350° and grease a standard donut pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, eggs, and maple syrup.
- In another bowl, whisk together the cacao powder, coconut flour, pink salt, baking soda, and flax meal.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until well combined.
- Fill the donut wells with the batter (i just use a spoon to scoop and fill with batter) and bake for 16-17 minutes.
- While donuts bake, melt chocolate and coconut oil together to make the glaze.
- Allow donuts to fully cool and then dunk in chocolate glaze – enjoy!
Lots of love, Worth