I could hardly wait to write this post and share this recipe for my Golden Lemon Blueberry Muffin tops with you guys! For the recipes that I am going to test, I usually try to plan ahead, but when it came to this recipe, I literally winged everything and was so pleased with how well they turned out. They are cakey and fluffy like a muffin and the lemon and blueberry flavor is to die for.
In this recipe, I use coconut flour as well as cashew butter and coconut oil to achieve the perfect fluffy, moist consistency. I call these muffin tops “golden” because of the addition of turmeric which I added because of its amazing nutritional properties like helping to fight inflammation and being a very powerful antioxidant. The pinch of black pepper helps to activate the absorption of turmeric in the body – don’t worry, you won’t be able to taste the pepper :)!
These muffin tops are the perfect addition to any breakfast bowl or to pair with a smoothie. One of my favorite ways to enjoy them is crumbled on top of a bowl of dairy-free coconut milk probiotic yogurt and a drizzle of coconut butter – so so delish! They are also the perfect after-dinner treat, especially because they don’t have chocolate so there is no caffeine for my caffeine sensitive readers!
I am beyond excited for you guys to try out this recipe and cannot wait to hear about your creations! If you make the muffin tops, or any of my recipes, send along some photos and share your thoughts!
[makes 10 muffin tops]
- 2 tb coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup cashew butter (or sub your preferred nut butter – I like cashew here because it is super creamy and has a mild flavor)
- 1 tb maple syrup *
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- Juice from 2 large lemons
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tb nut milk (I used almond)
- 3/4 cup + 2 tb coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp (small pinch) black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh organic blueberries
*These are low in sugar, so if you prefer sweeter treats, feel free to add an extra tablespoon or more of maple syrup.
- Preheat over to 350º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, cashew butter, maple syrup, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, and nut milk until well combined.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, pink salt, baking soda, turmeric, and black pepper.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry flour mixture and stir until everything is evenly incorporated (batter will be thick!) and fold in the fresh blueberries.
- Scoop batter into 10 balls and flatten with the palm of your hand (they won’t spread much!).
- Bake for 14-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown – enjoy!
Lots of love, Worth