Calling all cookie dough lovers … which I assume is all of you because I have still yet to meet a person who doesn’t love cookie dough! But let’s be real, how can you not love cookie dough – especially when it is made with clean and nourishing ingredients?! I am so excited to share my Cashew Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars with all of you! When I say you won’t be able to have just one of these bars, I mean it. There is something about them that makes them quite addictive, and I’m not mad about it – give me all the healthy cookie dough! Plus, they are approved by everyone in my family, which means that this recipe is a true show stopper!
I use cashew butter in this recipe which is one of my favorite nut butters. It is creamy, mild in flavor, and has a delicious nutty taste. You can substitute any nut butter you would like here, but cashew is truly my fave! These would be delicious with peanut butter to create a Reese’s like flavor too!
One of my favorite parts about this recipe is that is it no-bake which means they require no oven. While it isn’t getting very hot here in SF as the summer months approach, I can imagine that for some of you the summer heat is near and turning on the hot oven doesn’t help with staying cool! These babies are easily popped into the freezer to set and can be enjoyed very soon after making – double win if you ask me!
I know that you guys are going to LOVE these bars and cannot wait to hear about your creations!
[makes one 8×8 pan, about 16 bars]
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 tb coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tb melted coconut oil (measured when melted)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tb cashew butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tb dark chocolate chunks (I used this bar chopped up)
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chunks (I used the same bar as above)
- 1 tb coconut oil
- Pink salt to sprinkle on top
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, and pink salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, cashew butter, and vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture to create the cookie base. Stir in the chocolate chunks and then press the dough into prepared pan. Place in freezer while making the topping layer.
- Over a double boiler, melt the chocolate chunks with the coconut oil.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the cookie base and sprinkle with pink salt on top. Return to freezer to set for 30 minutes and then slice into bars and keep stored in an airtight container in the freezer – enjoy!
Lots of love, Worth