I can genuinely say this is one of the best things that I have ever made, and I do not say this statement lightly! The sweet roasted red pepper mixed with the creaminess from the almonds is truly a match made in heaven. I served this over sautéed crispy broccolini and two fried eggs and DANG – this is without a doubt in the category of the top 10 best meals that I have ever made. So, if that doesn’t already have you on board to make this sauce, I don’t know what will!
Though this sauce tastes extremely decadent, it is made with extremely simple, nourishing ingredients that I would expect for most people to already have on hand in their kitchen so no need to go grocery shopping – just another reason why this recipe is calling your name! Plus, when you taste this sauce it’ll seem taste so delicious that you will automatically assume it was a tedious condiment to make, however, it is super simple and takes barely any time to make. In other words, if you make this for guests they’ll definitely assume that it is some intricate, detailed dish ;)!
I roasted my own pepper based on this recipe and it was insanely easy, but you can also buy already roasted peppers at your local grocery store. I also toasted my almonds for this recipe to help bring out the flavor, and it made all the difference! A good quality olive oil also makes this sauce taste over the top – this is one of my favorite ones!
I am so excited for you guys to try this recipe and hear your thoughts. As always, share your thoughts (and photos too!) if you make any of my recipes!
[Makes a little over 1 cup]
- 1 large roasted red pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tb + 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tb water
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 c olive oil
- In a food processor, add all of the ingredients EXCEPT for the olive oil. Pulse until very finely chopped.
- Next, run the food processor and slowly pour in the olive oil and continue to process until smooth.
- Enjoy with your favorite veggies, proteins, or anything your heart desires! Keep stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Lots of love, Worth