Cauliflower rice has always been one of my favorite foods! Even before I was interested in healthy eating, I clearly remember my mom introducing me to cauliflower rice around the age of 10, and even then I love it. I know some people argue that there is no point to turn the cauliflower into rice form, but I completely beg to differ! The rice texture truly makes cauliflower one of the tastiest things on earth (at least in my opinion!).
This dish is made with super simple ingredients, is fully paleo and vegan, and can be made in a matter of minutes! I love enjoying a big bowl of this rice with some chicken or grilled fish for a protein source. If you are vegan, this dish would pair deliciously with crispy tofu as well.
One aspect of this recipe that truly makes this a satiating dish is the full-fat coconut milk. You don’t need much for this recipe, but the little bit of coconut milk that is used makes this rice over the top – trust me, even my dad agreed that the dish was delicious and that says a lot!
After writing this post, I think I’m going to have to make this for dinner tonight because my mouth is watering… I cannot wait for you guys to try this recipe and hear about how much you enjoyed it!
[makes 2 servings]
- 1 tb extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1 + 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 + 1/2 cups curly kale, chiffonaded
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 3 cups riced cauliflower
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tb coconut milk
- In a medium sauté pan, heat pan and add the olive oil.
- Add broccoli to the pan and sauté for 3-5 minutes, until slightly tender and crisp. Add in the cauliflower rice, pink salt, and curry powder and sauté until rice is fully cooked through and tender – about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the chiffonaded kale and coconut milk and sauté for another 3-4 minutes, until kale is wilted.
- Serve immediately and enjoy! Keep leftovers stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Lots of love, Worth