I decided to whip up these Almond Joy Fat Balls this afternoon as I had been needing a yummy snack for after school as a pre-workout or pre-work snack! I noticed that I hadn’t made a fat ball recipe with cacao, and have been wanting all things chocolate lately so enter… Almond Joy Fat Balls! One thing that I love about these balls is that I was able to make them with simple ingredients that I had on hand (and that you will most likely have on hand too!). Don’t get me wrong, I love making recipes with extravagant ingredients, but I find it much more practical to use everyday ingredients in my recipes so that they attainable for everyone! I was able to whip these up in less than 15 minutes start to finish … so you don’t have any excuse not to make them ;)!
The mixture of almonds, coconut, and cacao tie in all the flavors of the classic Almond Joy candy bar, but much healthier ;)! These balls are made with a mixture of nuts, nut butter, seeds, and coconut oil a.k.a. they are packed with healthy fats that help to keep my blood sugar stable as well as keep me full in between meals. I also added my favorite collagen, Primal Kitchen Vanilla Coconut Collagen Fuel, for a boost of protein. I love using this collagen as the flavor is delish, and it isn’t made with any funky ingredients or fillers. I always aim to include a mixture of protein and healthy fats in all of my meals/snacks as it always helps to keep me feeling full and satisfied.
These balls are the perfect snack to grab on the go, enjoy on top of a smoothie, crumbled up on top of some dairy-free coconut probiotic yogurt, or as an after-dinner nightcap. These fat balls are so tasty and I cannot wait for you guys to try them out! As always, if you make any of my recipes, be sure to share photos and tag me (@lemonsworthlovin)!
[makes one dozen]
- 1 cup raw, sprouted almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 2 tb golden flax meal
- 2 tb hemp seeds
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 2 tb cacao powder
- 2 scoops of Primal Kitchen Vanilla Coconut Collagen Fuel
- 1/4 cup almond butter (look for one with one ingredient – almonds!)
- 2 tb unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a food processor, add the almonds, coconut flakes, flax meal, hemp seeds, pink salt, cacao powder, and collagen. Pulse until ingredients resemble a coarse mixture (be careful not to over blend!).
- Add the almond butter, coconut oil, and vanilla and pulse a few times until mixture resembles a sticky dough.
- Roll mixture into 12 balls and place in the freezer to set. Keep stored in an airtight container in the freezer. Enjoy!
Lots of love, Worth