I am so excited to share another sugar-free recipe with all of you! By now, I assume you can tell that I am a chocolate lover… but let’s be real, who doesn’t love chocolate right!? This Dark Chocolate Bark is one of my favorite treats to enjoy because it is sugar-free and filled with healthy fats. Like my other sugar-free recipes, if you would like to add sweetener, feel free to add a few tablespoons of maple syrup to the cacao mixture.
This recipe is truly customizable! You can swirl in any nut butter that you would like (almond butter being my favorite!) or omit the nut butter all together if that’s not your thing. Love a certain nut or seed? Sprinkle that on top! Want some extra crunch? Throw on a handful of cacao nibs. Need a little extra energy? Top it off with some bee pollen. The topping ideas are limitless and completely up to you! So in short, this recipe is for everyone since you can truly make it to your perfect liking : ).
And let’s not forget to mention how insanely EASY it is to make this dark chocolate bark. It takes less than 10 minutes to make and 30 minutes in the freezer to set (a.k.a. no bake and super easy cleanup!).
I am so ready for all of you to try out this delicious Dark Chocolate Bark, and I cannot wait to hear what you think!
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil (measured when melted)
- 2 tb MCT oil (can sub coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tb hemp seeds
- 2 tb pumpkin seeds
- 2 tb dried unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tsp cacao nibs
- 2 tb chopped toasted pecans
- 2 tb almond butter
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together the melted coconut oil, MCT oil, cacao powder, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour cacao mixture onto the baking tray and let the chocolate set for 3-5 minutes (don’t let it get too hard or the toppings won’t stick!).
- Remove cacao layer from freezer and evenly sprinkle toppings over the bark. Return to freezer for another 30 minutes to fully set.
- Break bark into pieces and store in an airtight container in the freezer. Enjoy!
Lots of love, Worth