Even though it’s officially fall, I’m still enjoying all of the summer flavors – specifically, peach! There is nothing that I love more than a good crumble bar, and when it is made with nourishing ingredients, that is seriously the icing on the cake. Peaches have always been one of my favorite fruits since they are so juicy and flavorful, and I could not resist using them in this recipe.
These bars are fully paleo and vegan, and they are made with the cleanest, most simple ingredients ever! These bars yield a delicious sweetness naturally from the peaches as well as from a dash of maple sugar. I love baking with maple sugar because of the unique flavor and light color. You can certainly sub coconut sugar in for the maple sugar, but I highly suggest trying out maple sugar if you have not already!
These bars melt in your mouth and literally taste like a heavenly crumble. Topping them with some probiotic coconut yogurt or whipped coconut cream would take these to the next level – my mouth is literally watering!
I know that you guys are going to love these bars, and I cannot wait to hear your opinions!
[makes 16 bars, one 8×8 pan]
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tb coconut oil
- 1 tb water
- 2 tsp maple sugar
- 2 + 1/2 cups chopped fresh peaches
- 2 tb water
- 2 tb fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 cup crushed walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tb maple sugar
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1 tb coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 375º and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients for the filling EXCEPT for the chia seeds. Cook down the peaches over medium heat until mashed and melted down – about 5-6 minutes. Remove mixture from heat and stir in chia seeds to help thicken. Set aside to cool and make the crust.
- In a food processor, pulse together the crust ingredients until the mixture is crumbly. Pour into the lined baking dish and press down firmly to form a solid crust. Parbake the crust for 13-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden. Set aside and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Make the crumb topping by adding all of the ingredients to a food processor and pulsing it into a coarse crumble mixture.
- Layer the peach filling mixture over the cooled crust and evenly spread it all over. Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the top (there will be a lot!) and lightly press down on the topping. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Allow to fully cool in the pan, and then slice into squares.
Lots of love, Worth