Hi friends! I’ve been quite busy these past few weeks with the start of school and college applications, but I’ve still managed to find time to make lots of healthy treats to keep me fueled as I power through the work. One of my favorite goodies for any time of the day are these Bakery Style Blueberry Scones!
Growing up, I actually was never a huge scone person – I was more of a muffin type of gal, hence the INSANE amount of muffin recipes I have on the blog! I always steered away from scones since I always felt groggy and unsatisfied after eating one. For this exact reason, I wanted to try making a scone recipe with ingredients that I know make me feel my best and, most importantly, that taste delicious!
I use a mixture of almond and coconut flour to get the achieve the perfect texture and load them up with plump, juicy blueberries which takes them to a whole new level!
I am so excited for you guys to taste these scones, and I can’t wait to hear what you this!
[makes 8 small scones]
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 coconut flour
- 3 tb coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/4 cup nut milk (I used homemade almond)
- 2 tb coconut oil, melted
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries (preferably organic)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, and pink salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the nut milk, melted coconut oil, egg, and vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture to form the dough. Fold in the blueberries, being careful not to squish them!
- Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper and form a large circle that is roughly 1″ thick. Slice the circle into 8 even triangles.
- Transfer the cut triangles to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes or until tops are brown and firm (make sure the edges do not get too brown!).
- Allow to fully cool on the baking sheet and enjoy!
Lots of love, Worth