I present to you my favorite way to enjoy quinoa. In all honesty, I feel like quinoa can be really hit or miss; it is often too dry and unflavorful which doesn’t do this tasty gluten-free grain justice. I am not about that unflavorful life, so you bet when you bite into these lettuce cups that they will be packed with flavor!
I love using butter lettuce for so many different things: salads, throwing it in smoothies, wrapping it around a grass-fed burger as the “bun,” and to use it as a vehicle to hold a delicious filling, like in this recipe! I use Pete’s Living Greens Organic Butter Lettuce in this recipe for the lettuce cups, and they taste delicious – beyond fresh, super crunchy, and filled with nutrients! It can be difficult to find pre-prepped butter lettuce that is intact to use as lettuce cups, so I love using Pete’s Living Greens Organic one since I get to prep the lettuce myself.
This quinoa is beyond delicious. I mean I don’t have a word to describe how delicious… it’s just that good. You’ll just have to trust me on this one. They are loaded with diced veggies which add the perfect crunch and fresh herbs that add tons of depth.
I can’t wait for you guys to taste how delicious these are and hear your thoughts!
[makes 6 lettuce cups]
- 1 + 1/2 cups cooked sprouted quinoa (I use this one)
- 1 tb extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tb finely chopped fresh dill, plus extra to garnish
- 2 tb finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tb finely chopped kalamta olives
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/3 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Optional: cashew “mozzarella” to garnish (I like this one – the ingredients are amazing and it tastes delicious)
- 6 Pete’s Living Greens Organic Butter Lettuce leaves to use as “cups”
- In a large bowl, toss the quinoa with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and pink salt to dress.
- Toss in the oregano, dill, basil, olives, cucumber, and cherry tomatoes and toss until everything is evenly incorporated and distributed throughout.
- Add the quinoa mixture to the lettuce cups and garnish with cashew “mozzarella” and a sprig of fresh dill.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Lots of love, Worth