Nope, that’s not parmesan cheese… it’s grated cashew! As always, a yummy salad is something that I will never pass up. I genuinely love all leafy greens and tossing them with a quality dressing is pure heaven for my taste buds. I had the idea of putting grapefruit in a salad the other day, and I didn’t stop thinking about it until I made this delicious recipe. This salad is fresh, light, and is perfect to accompany any summer meal.
When it comes to salads, I love trying out different types of greens – romaine, arugula, kale, I love them all! I wanted to branch out of my comfort zone and try out a new salad base and watercress grabbed my attention. I use Pete’s Living Greens Organic Living Watercress for the base of this salad. I love Pete’s Living Greens because when bought at the store, they still have their roots intact and are “living.” I don’t think it gets any fresher than that!
The sweet and tart citrus mixed with the creamy avocado in a combo that will never get old. Seriously, if you haven’t tried it, you MUST! I love how putting such simple ingredients together can result in something so tasty. Plus, the grated cashew “parmesan” takes this salad to a whole new level. Whoever said salad was boring didn’t know what they were saying ;)!
I am can’t wait for you guys to taste how delicious this salad is! As always, please share your thoughts/photos if you make it :).
[makes 3 generous servings]
- 1 package of Pete’s Living Greens Organic Live Watercress, roots and tough stems removed
- 1 large grapefruit, cut into segments (if you are not sure how to cut segments, check out this article)
- 1/2 of an avocado, seed + skin removed, sliced into half moons
- Raw, sprouted cashews
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
Lemon Dijon Dressing
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tb fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 3 large basil leaves
- Begin by making the dressing: combine all of the dressing ingredients in a food processor (or high-speed blender) and process until mixture is emulsified and basil leaves are very fine. Pour into a jar and set aside.
- To prepare the salad, toss the prepped watercress with homemade dressing, grapefruit segments, and avocado slices.
- Plate salad and finish it off with grated cashew “parmesan” by grating a few cashews on a microplane and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Lots of love, Worth
Thank you to Pete’s Living Greens for sponsoring this post. I am so grateful to work with brands who support Lemons Worth Lovin’.