I am back again with a delicious muffin recipe to win your taste buds over! These muffins are probably the best that I have ever made; they are fluffy, flavorful, and moist (yep, I said it). These muffins are super easy to make, require minimal ingredients, and the hardest part? Waiting for them to bake and cool!
Today one of my good friends came over since she wanted to bake with me (I was SO flattered :), and I told her that we were going to throw together a new recipe. Let’s just say this recipe turned out even more amazing than we had expected!
These muffins are packed with yumminess; they are loaded with chunks of fresh strawberries, made with a paleo batter, and are topped off with an addictive crumb topping. In short, they are HEAVENLY!
Out of strawberries? Not a fan of strawberries? Just switch it up! You can sub any fruit for the strawberries (blueberries or cherries sound amazing!) or you could even omit the fruit altogether and add cinnamon to the batter for a coffee cake-like treat. Customize this recipe to your liking – this is just the foundation!
My secret to a quick and easy crunch… grain-free granola! I have linked my favorite one below, but any granola will work. I love throwing in granola for added texture and well, let’s be real, granola is LIFE.
I am so excited for you guys to taste these delicious muffins, and as always, please share comments/photos when you make them!
[makes 10 muffins]
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of pink salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tb ghee, melted (I use Vanilla Bean Ghee – can sub coconut oil)
- 3 tb coconut oil, melted (divided)
- 2 tb lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup grain-free granola, crushed up (or regular granola if not strictly paleo – I like this one)
- Preheat oven to 325º and line a muffin tin with muffin liners (or grease very well with coconut oil). Set pan aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, and pink salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, raw honey, melted ghee, 1 tb of the melted coconut oil, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until very well combined. Fold in the fresh chopped strawberries.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 2 tb of melted coconut oil and crushed granola to make the crunchy topping.
- Divide the muffin batter evenly among the lined muffin pan and evenly distribute the topping mixture over each muffin.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Lots of love, Worth