Hi guys! It’s been a little while since I’ve posted a recipe on here (I’ve been extremely busy with working full-time, SAT prep, and just life!), but I have some free time on my hands today so I wanted to share a few new recipes with you guys. Now without further or due, I am excited to present to you… my Almond and Herb Crusted Salmon!
If you see my posts on Instagram, I post different variations of salmon quite a lot, to say the least! Salmon is one of my favorite protein sources and I love how it can be prepared so many different ways. It is an excellent source of vitamin B12, potassium, selenium, and, of course, omega-3 fatty acids. I like to buy wild-caught, fresh salmon, and the sockeye variety is my favorite. Those are just my preferences, but any type of salmon will work for this dish!
I came up with this recipe the other night when I was wanting something a little more interesting than my usual go-to pan-roasted salmon with pink salt and lemon. I had tons of fresh herbs that I wanted to use up so I decided to throw together this dish. It takes less than 5 minutes to prep and bakes for 15 minutes meaning lunch or dinner can be ready in just a short 20 minutes!
This salmon is bursting with flavor, and I could eat it every day! I love how fancy and elaborate it seems, yet it takes no time at all. I am so excited for you guys to try this out, and as always, don’t forget to share photos when you make it!
- 3 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- Pink salt
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 2 tb almond flour
- 2 tb basil, finely chopped
- 2 tb oregano, finely chopped
- Olive oil (about 1 tb)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Rinse salmon with cold water and pat dry. Season tops and bottoms with pink salt to taste.
- Place salmon in prepared pan and coat with lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, mix together the almond flour, basil, oregano, and pinch of pink salt. Divide the mixture evenly over the 3 pieces of salmon.
- Drizzle olive oil over the tops of the fillets and bake for 15 minutes. Then, broil on high for an 2 additional minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Lots of love, Worth