As I sit down to write this post, I couldn’t help myself from enjoying one of these cinnamon fat balls! These balls are my favorite ones that I have ever made. They melt in your mouth and taste like cinnamon cookie dough but much healthier, and in my opinion, yummier!
These balls are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, sugar-free, and they have a vegan option too! I use melted ghee in these balls because it is a nutrient-packed, healthy fat source and tastes delicious. Being lactose intolerant, I sometimes miss that buttery flavor, but I have found that ghee is literally the best. thing. ever. I started using ghee about two years ago, and now I can’t imagine cooking without it.
At first, I was skeptical as to if these balls were going to be a winner, but boy did I surprise myself! The sweet essence yielded from the cinnamon and vanilla makes these the perfect low sugar snack to satisfy a sweet craving. And let me tell ya when I say these balls are addictive – the melt in your mouth, cookie dough texture sensation is pure heaven.
This recipe was inspired by a recipe from one of my biggest mentors and inspirations Rachael De Vaux of Rachael’s Good Eats.
I am so excited for you guys to try out this recipe, and I cannot wait to hear what you guys think!
[makes 10 balls]
- 3 tb coconut butter, measured when melted
- 3 tb MCT oil
- 2 tb ghee, melted (I like this one – sub. coconut oil for vegan)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/3 c almond flour
- 2 tb coconut flour
- 2 tb flax meal
- 2 tsp cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling on top
- In a large bowl, thoroughly together the melted coconut butter, MCT oil, melted ghee, and vanilla.
- Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, flax meal, and cinnamon until well combined.
- Place the mixture in the freezer for 5-10 minutes, until the dough firms up a bit.
- With a cookie scoop (or using your hands) scoop the dough into 10 even balls and sprinkle with cinnamon, and store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Lots of love, Worth