Okay guys, don’t freak out. Yes, these muffins are indeed green… but they taste delicious! If you know me, you know how much I love, love, love yummy baked good, and I’m always looking for ways to get in extra greens. With both of those ideas in mind, I was destined to create these muffins to fit both of the criteria. So, I officially present to you my Super Green Banana Blender Muffins!
When first making these muffins, my idea sparked from all of the green smoothies that I make. I started to think about how I put spinach in basically every smoothie that I make and can’t taste it a single bit, so I thought to myself, why not do the same but turn them into muffins? Well, let me tell ya, making these muffins was the best thing I could have ever done. You can’t taste the spinach a single bit but it’s definitely there as you can see in the vibrant color!
But wait: did you catch the word blender? Indeed, these muffins are made with the ease of using a blender! No bowls and tons of extra dishes necessary (which also means a wayyyy easier clean-up so double win!). I use my Vitamix to blend these muffins to get the batter extra smooth, but any high-speed blender will work for these.
Get creative with this recipe! You can add in some cinnamon for a cinnamon-y banana bread flavor or even some chopped walnuts or pecans for some crunch. Oh, and let’s not forget chocolate chips! Adding in some chocolate chips to these would be over the top, and I’m definitely going to do that when I make my next batch :).
So get on it guys! Make some of the most nutrient-packed, delicious muffins you will ever taste. You’ll thank me later ;)!
I am so excited for you guys to make these, and I can’t wait to hear what you guys think!
[makes 10 muffins]
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 + 1/2 tb coconut oil
- 1 + 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tb flax meal
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups fresh spinach, packed
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 350º and line a muffin tray with muffin liners.
- Add all of the ingredients except for the coconut flour to a high speed blender (I use vitamix) in the order listed above and blend on high until mixture is uniform and very smooth (you might want to stop in between to scrape down the sides).
- Add in the coconut flour and blend on high again until well incorporated (the mixture will be thick get thick so it won’t be blending super fast).
- Divide the batter evenly among the lined muffin tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
Lots of love, Worth