Yeah, you guys guessed it! Another banana recipe… but hey, can you ever really have enough? The answer is obviously no! I realized that I was lacking in a banana recipe with chocolate, so I got right to it and created one of the most delicious things I’ve made to this day. Seriously, these brownie bites are off the charts.
Now, if you love bananas, chocolate, and delicious, nourishing baked goods, then you are in the right place. I present to you the most insane and heavenly ooey gooey brownie. Best brownies I’ve ever tatsed. Period. So yeah… believe me when I say you guys NEED these in your lives.
I made these brownie bites with simply the best ingredients, and my secret for really bringing out the coconut flavor is using coconut butter! If you are looking into trying coconut butter for the first time or would like a recommendation, this is my favorite one. Using coconut butter adds so much flavor to this recipe and also keeps them from drying out – double win!
I also used melted 100% chocolate along with unsweetened cocoa powder to pack a big chocolate flavor. I can’t stand when I’m eating a chocolate dessert and it has a weak chocolate flavor (anyone else feel the same way?!), so I made sure that these bites were bursting with chocolatey-ness.
These brownie bites yield their sweetness only from the ripe bananas which I love! Don’t be deceived by that though – the ripe bananas definitely add the perfect sweetness. Unlike typical brownie, these little bites won’t leave you with spiked blood sugar followed by a sugar crash. They are made with real, wholesome, and nourishing ingredients that will make you feel nothing less than your best and most energized self!
I am so excited to share this recipe with you guys, and I know that you guys are going to love them just as much as I do!
[makes 3 mini loaves to cut into bites – I suppose you could make one large loaf, but I have not tested yet for the baking time]
- 2 flax eggs (2 tb flax meal + 5 tb water and set aside to thicken)
- 1 cup mashed banana (2-3 large bananas)
- 2 oz. (about 1/4 cup) 100% cacao chocolate, melted
- 1 + 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tb almond butter (the runny, drippy kind)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut butter (measured when melted)
- 1 cup of nut milk (I love almond or cashew in this recipe)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 tb coconut flour
- 3 tb cacao powder
- 1 + 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut + more for sprinkling on top at the end
- 1/2 Hu Kitchen crunchy banana dark chocolate bar, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350º and lightly grease 3 mini loaf pans with coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, make the flax eggs: whisk together the flax meal and water. Set aside to thicken for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add the melted chocolate, almond butter, and coconut butter and whisk until well combined. Whisk in the nut milk and set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir together until very well combined. Fold in the shredded coconut flakes.
- Divide the batter evenly among the three mini loaf pans. Sprinkle the chopped chocolate on top of each loaf.
- Bake for 44-45 minutes (the centers will still be gooey!). Let loaves cool, slice into bites, and sprinkle with extra coconut flakes on top. Enjoy!
Lots of love, Worth