With spring here and summer fast approaching, I am already craving all of the refreshing and nourishing meals. One of my favorite dishes has always been gazpacho, so I decided to make a new variation – green gazpacho! This is not your typical gazpacho though – it is free from nightshades (no tomatoes!), garlic, and onion too. But trust me when I tell you that it is not lacking in flavor at all. And did I mention that it might be the easiest thing to make? It takes me maybe 5 minutes start to finish! You might notice that the measurements for this recipe are not extremely specific, and that is because you simply cannot go wrong!
I love this soup not only because it is refreshing, but also because it is very satisfying and tasty. The avocado adds a delicious creaminess and a good dose of healthy fats. I could drink this soup by the gallon – for real. It literally makes me feel like I am glowing from the inside out.
This soup is wonderful to have for leftovers, so I like to make a big batch to keep in my fridge. I love serving it with many different ways: with a piece of roasted wild caught salmon on the side, a piece of sprouted grain bread toasted and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkled with pink salt, or even with more fresh avocado chunks on top. The possibilities are endless since it is so versatile!
I know that you guys are going to love this simple, nourishing soup, and I can’t wait for you guys to try it out!
This gazpacho was inspired by a recipe from one of my favorite bloggers and inspirations, Lee From America :).
- 1 large avocado, seed and skin removed
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 large English cucumber, roughly chopped (or 2 smaller cucumbers)
- 2 large handfuls of spinach (any greens will work here – arugula, mixed greens, kale, etc.)
- 1 + 1/2 tb olive oil
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- Large pinch of pink salt, adjust to your taste
- Optional: more greens, hemp seeds, or whatever your heart desires for toppings!
- Place everything in a high-speed blender (I use my Vitamix) and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Adjust pink salt to taste.
- Chill soup (optional), add toppings, and enjoy!
Lots of love, Worth