Another lemon recipe is coming for ya! Earlier this week, one of my dear friends brought me the sweetest treat – a bag of Meyer lemons from her tree. If you know me, getting a bag of Meyer lemons (a.k.a. the BEST lemons ever!!) was like getting the best present you could ever dream of. Some girls dream about designer shoes and handbags while some girls dream about lemons… can you guess which girl I am ;)?
I love all things lemon and have always had a soft spot for lemon tarts, so I couldn’t think of a better use for the Meyer lemons I received! I made these tarts with one of my favorite products ever: CoYo Plain Coconut Milk Yogurt. CoYo is by far my favorite coconut milk yogurt out there, and I literally eat it every day! Some of my fave ways to enjoy CoYo is dunking strawberries in it (literally tastes like berries and whipped cream – but better!). topping it off with some granola and fruit, blended into a smoothie, by the spoonful, and the list goes on. Adding CoYo to these tarts is one of the best decisions I have ever made – the delicious creaminess and subtle coconut flavor takes it to a whole new level!
I sweeten these tarts with dates: I blend soaked, soft dates into the filling and pulse them into the crust to hold everything together. The dates mixed with the tart lemon flavor, creaminess from the cashews, and nutty pecans make your tastebuds move to cloud nine. Trust me on this one, you need these tarts!
I can’t wait for you guys to try these out. I know you are going to love them just as much as I do!
This post is in no way sponsored, I simply just love sharing my true favorite products with you guys and sharing my passion for things that I love!
[makes 4 mini tarts – feel free to make any size you would like]
- 1 + 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 6 medium/large pitted dates
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Pinch of pink salt
- 1+1/2 cup raw cashews, preferably soaked for 2+ hours for ultimate creaminess
- 1/3 cup CoYo plain coconut yogurt *
- 2/3 cup Meyer lemon juice
- 3 pitted dates, soaked in very hot water for 20+ minutes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of pink salt
* Feel free to use any non-dairy or dairy yogurt here, but I have only tested the one above so experiment at your own risk!
- Get out your desired tart pan(s) and set aside (I love making mini’s!).
- In a food processor, combine the pecans and coconut. Pulse just until a coarse mixture is formed.
- Add the dates (I like to pull mine apart into smaller pieces as it can be easier to process that way), vanilla, coconut oil, and pink salt and pulse until a crumbly mixture is formed. Press the dough in your fingers and if it holds its shape, it’s all set. If it is still too crumbly, process a little more or add an additional date.
- Take crust mixture and press into tart pan. If making multiple tarts, evenly divide the crust mixture among the pans. Press down firmly to form a solid crust.
- To make the filling, add all of the filling ingredients to the food processor and process until very smooth and creamy (this could take a few minutes).
- When the filling is done, pour it over crust(s) and smooth out the top(s).
- Top with freshly grated lemon zest and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours (they will firm up).
- Take ’em out of the fridge when you’re ready to devour!
Lots of love, Worth