Haiiiii friends! Where are all my peanut butter and jelly lovers out there? And my banana bread lovers? Well if you’re here, you’ve come to the right place – I have combined the two into one! I have been planning on creating this recipe for quite some time now, and the day has finally come that I formulated this decadent loaf.
It was essential for me to make this for three reasons: 1) I freaking love peanut butter and jelly; 2) my mouth waters when I just begin to think about a banana dunked in peanut butter; and 3) banana bread might just be my favorite baked treat ever. EVER. ‘Cause let’s be real – everyone loves banana bread, and you can’t go wrong with peanut butter and jelly, so this loaf is just a match made in heaven. I mean, if only you could smell my kitchen right now… you should be jealous, to say the least :)!
This loaf might be my best creation yet. I seriously can’t get enough of it… It’s decadent, moist (yep, I just said it, but there is no better word to describe how freaking delish this is), and tastes like heaven in my mouth.
Now some details on the bread: I challenged myself to make this with no added sugar at all besides the sweetness from the very ripe bananas (not even honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar – nothing!), and it STILL tastes bomb. I also made this grain-free and dairy-free by using almond flour, a little coconut flour, and almond milk! And since peanuts aren’t considered paleo, you can make this loaf paleo by subbing almond or cashew butter for peanut butter. It is super versatile, which I love!
I cannot wait for you guys to try this out, and as always if you make this loaf (or any of my recipes!), please tell me what you think and maybe even share a photo too :).
[makes 1 loaf]
- 2 medium/large very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup mashed)
- 1+1/2 tb coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (make sure it is the runny kind! Feel free to use any nut butter here)
- 2 eggs
- 1+1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1+1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of pink salt
- 2 tb flax meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup no added sugar raspberry jam*
* Feel free to use your preferred jam. I make my own by stewing frozen raspberries in a small saucepan and adding 1 tbsp chia seeds at the end to thicken it!
- 1/4 cup jam
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350º and line a loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with coconut oil.
- Start by making the wet mixture: in a medium bowl, mash the bananas. Add in the coconut oil, peanut butter and whisk until well combined. Then, whisk in the eggs, almond milk, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Make the dry mixture: in a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, pink salt, flax meal, and cinnamon.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until very well combined and no chunks remain.
- Pour half of the batter into your lined loaf pan and spread 1/3 cup of jam around to create a jam layer.
- Pour the remaining batter and start to make the top pattern: starting from the short end of the bread, alternate between jam and peanut butter to make thick stripes (see photo above). Then, take a toothpick and run it through the jam and peanut butter stripes longways alternating directions (see photo above).
- Bake for 55-65 minutes (depending on pan size) until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center. If edges being to brown too much, tent with foil to prevent further browning.
- Allow to cool for about 30 minutes before slicing (or just dig in immediately cause who really cares if the slice breaks in half while it’s warm, right?).
Lots of love, Worth