Raise your hand if you love cookies! If you’re not raising your hand then well… I’m not sure what to say ’cause how can’t you love a good cookie? Especially when it’s filled with creamyyyyy almond butter and dreamyyyy chocolate chunks… need I say more? Is your mouth watering yet? ‘Cause mine certainly is!
To start off, these cookies are made with ingredients from some of my ultimate favorite brands (not sponsored, just love!). Georgia Grinders nut butters are made with no added oils, sugars, or preservatives! The only two ingredients in their classic almond butter are almonds and salt – as it should be. Ingredients are what matter most to me, and Georgia Grinders knows how to do it!
I also used Eating Evolved midnight coconut chocolate bar chopped into chunks for these cookies. First of all, if you haven’t tried Eating Evolved chocolate you have not lived. This is my favorite chocolate ever – paleo or not! It is made with awesome ingredients, sweetened with coconut sugar, and has no weird stuff in it – heck yeah! Their coconut butter cups are to die for (imagine a Reese’s cup but instead actually good chocolate and filled with coconut butter), and I am just overall obsessed with their brand. So obsessed that my mom got me an Eating Evolved tank for Christmas that says “coconut butter is my spirit animal.” So yeah, to say that I love Eating Evolved is an understatement.
Alright, so if I haven’t sold you on these cookies yet, then I don’t know what else to say than to make them. Right. Now. Kidding, but seriously you will thank me later. Plus you can even eat the dough raw because they are egg free. And let’s be real, who can resist licking the bowl ;)?
[makes 15 cookies]
- 1/3 cup Georgia Grinders classic almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 2 tb coconut oil, melted
- 2 tb maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or any nut milk – I use this one)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- Pink salt
- 1/2 Eating Evolved midnight coconut chocolate bar, chopped into small chunks (love this because it has no added sugar and is 100% cacao!)*
* You can also sub in your preferred chocolate here, but I highly recommend the one above!
- Preheat the oven to 350º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and almond milk. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, create the dry mixture: combine the almond flour, baking soda, and a good pinch of pink salt.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until evenly combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks but set some aside to put on top of the cookies!
- Form dough into 15 cookies (roughly 1.5 tb balls) and flatten with the palm of your hand (they won’t spread!). Place the remaining chocolate chunks on top of the cookies.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes.* Let cool (if you can even wait that long) and devour!!
* The cookies will still be soft. Since they have no eggs, feel free to bake them for a short amount of time for a doughier cookie or longer for a more crisp cookie (or eat it raw ’cause yummmm!). Keep in mind, if you are baking them longer be sure to maintain a close eye on them so that they do not burn!
Enjoy! Oh, and these taste soooo good straight out of the fridge – def give it a try!
Lots of love, Worth