Believe it or not, I’m not really a lover of a classic caesar salad. I don’t take well to strong garlic since I can’t stand when the flavor sticks with me, and I’m not a fan of mayo which goes into most caesars. I always like to make my own salad dressings so that I know that they are made with good, quality ingredients – no bad oils, GMO’s, preservatives, or artificial ingredients.
In this dressing, I use soaked cashews to achieve a creamy, nutty flavor and garlic powder instead of fresh garlic for a more mild flavor (though if you like fresh garlic, feel free to add a clove in!). This dressing is light, yummy, and truly tastes delicious; even my family members who don’t normally go for my “healthy creations” thought that this salad was divine – if that doesn’t sell this dressing to you I don’t know what will :)!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked for 4+ hours (for ultimate creaminess soak overnight)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tb water
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp gluten-free Worcestershire sauce (check the ingredients! I use this one.)
- Pink salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Drain and rinse soaked cashews.
- In a high-speed blender (I suppose a food processor would work too), combine all of the ingredients for the dressing, except for the pink salt, and blend until very smooth and creamy (you can add a little more water if necessary to get things moving).
- Test it out and add pink salt to taste. Feel free to adjust other seasonings as well at this time.
- Toss with salad greens or pour into a jar and store it in the refrigerator for later use.
Lots of love, Worth