In my opinion, there’s something about mini muffins that makes them so much more fun (and yummy!) to eat. Maybe it’s because you can just pop ’em in your mouth (dare I say one after another?!).
I am actually quite picky when it comes to muffins. More often than not, I feel like they are dry/crumbly leaving me immediately reaching for water or simply just bland and boring. Many muffins are packed with preservatives, artificial ingredients/flavors, and frankly just a bunch of junk… but not these muffins! These bites of heaven burst with vanilla flavor and don’t dry out thanks to the almond flour. Plus, they are sweetened with a very minimal amount of honey and won’t leave you with spiked blood sugar.
These muffins are paleo and free from grains, dairy, and refined sugar, but you wouldn’t know it! They taste just like an authentic, delicious muffin, none of those dry and crumbly muffins around here…
I hope that you guys enjoy these just as much as I do.
[makes about 16 mini muffins]
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tb coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of pink salt
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temp.
- 2 tb honey, preferably raw (My favorite is manuka honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Scrapings from 1 vanilla bean pod
- Organic blackberries for topping *
* Feel free to swap out the blackberries for raspberries or blueberries too!
- Preheat your oven to 350º and line a mini muffin tin with muffin liners (I recommend using parchment liners).
- In a medium bowl, create the dry mixture by whisking together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and pink salt.
- In a small bowl, make the wet mixture: whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean scrapings until well combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until everything is fully incorporated.
- Fill mini muffin tin’s 3/4 of the way full and top each muffin with a blackberry.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes (keep a close eye on them at the end!) or until the tops are golden and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Lots of love, Worth