Before you even start reading, you need to know how much I worship these cheesecake bars. If I could eat one dessert, heck one food, for the rest of my life it would be these. I am not exaggerating at all. I don’t know what it is about them; maybe it’s the decadent crust or the melt-in-your-mouth filling… well, all I know is that they are HIGHLY addictive and basically have a cult following with my friends and me.
In all honesty, more often than not I find myself eating multiple of these at a time (maybe 3… alright 4), and I ain’t mad about it! I listen to my body, fill it with nutritious foods, and give it what it asks for – it is asking for these bars. They are made will real ingredients that make me feel good and satisfied, so heck yes I’ll have another if I want it!
So yeah… If that doesn’t sell these bars to you I don’t know what will. Make them – rest assured you will not regret it.
These bars were inspired by a recipe created by one of my biggest mentors, Dani Nemeh!
[makes 16 bars in an 8 x 8 pan]
- 1 bag Purely Elizabeth grain-free granola (either this or this, both are delicious) *
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 + 1/2 cups raw, sprouted cashews
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup strawberries, chopped
- Juice of 1-2 lemons (start with 1 lemon and adjust to your tartness preference, I love the tartness and always use 2)
* If you do not have either of these, I have not tested with other granolas but feel free to experiment at your own risk!
- Line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor (I suppose a blender would work too) combine the ingredients for the crust and process until smooth. Transfer crust mixture into the parchment lined baking dish and allow to set in the freezer for 30 minutes – In the meantime, make the filling!
- For the filling, add all of the filling ingredients into the food processor and blend it up until very smooth and creamy. This may involve scraping down the sides once or twice in between blending.
- After crust has set and filling is done, layer the filling on top of the crust, smooth out the top, and freezer for at least 3.5 – 4 hours (if you can even wait that long :)). Slice it up and devour!
Lots of love, Worth
This post and recipe is not affiliated/sponsored by Purely Elizabeth, I simply just love their products and everything about their brand! Be sure to check out Purely Elizabeth if you haven’t already.