Chocolatey, nutty, and ohhhhh soooo heavenly! These little balls are highly addictive – no really though, I can’t stop eating them! They basically taste like brownie batter but made with good quality ingredients. Since these are in ball form, it super easy to pop ’em in your mouth right before a workout for some quick energy or for an easy snack on the go.
I came up with this recipe when I was trying to think of a good gift for my teachers this holiday season. I wanted to make something that tastes yummy, but also made with clean ingredients. (Random side note – I love making my teachers healthy treats because they are always so shocked by how delicious they taste. :))
I also wanted to create this recipe only with ingredients that I already had. Making myself use ingredients that I already have around the house really gets my creative juices flowing, and these balls were what I came up with! And I mean, you also can never go wrong when cacao powder is involved if you ask me…
I’m so excited to share these with you guys!
[makes about 12 small balls]
- 1 + 1/2 cups raw, sprouted walnuts
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tb water
- Place walnuts and pink salt in a food processor or a blender and grind into fine flour (be careful not to overprocess or you will have walnut butter!).
- Add the cacao powder and cinnamon and combine.
- Add the dates and vanilla and mix very well until everything is combined.
- Start by adding 1 tablespoon of water (more if necessary) so that the mixture sticks together.
- Roll into small balls and pop them in the fridge for about an hour.
Lots of love, Worth